VATSIM's Asia Pacific covers the largest area of any VATSIM region.
VATSIM Asia Pacific Region is split into eight divisions:
- Australia Pacific (VATPAC) which comprises 85% of Oceania Region's membership. This Division is made up of: Australia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
- Japan Division (VATJPN)
- Korea Division (VATKOR)
- New Zealand (VATNZ) comprises the remaining 15% of the Region's membership.This Division has responsibility for: New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands and Niue.
- People's Republic of China Division (VATPRC)
- Republic of China Division (VATROC)
- South East Asia Division (VATSEA)
- West Asia Division (VATWA)
The region is home to hundreds of controllers and even more pilots as well as Virtual Airlines. Our objective is to provide professional Air Traffic Control while ensuring a fun and friendly environment for all in our airspace.
Countries in Asia Pacific Region:
Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Fiji,French Polynesia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Macau SAR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru,Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea,, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna.