VATSIM is requesting applications from those qualified and interested in filling the position of Vice President of Pilot Training which is a full voting member of the VATSIM Board of Governors, VATGOV14.
This Governor's primary responsibilities:
- To accept, review and process applications and requests from organizations who wish to join the VATSIM Authorized Training Organization (ATO) program including audits to ensure ATOs comply with VATSIM rating guidelines.
- To maintain and grow the current vision for the VATSIM pilot ratings program along with the Pilot Training Academy as a vehicle to meet the needs of all levels of the VATSIM pilot community to increase the enjoyment of the network for all participants.
- To monitor the performance of, and recommend changes to, existing and future pilot ratings.
- To hire, develop and terminate Pilot Training team members to assist in managing the department.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries on pilot training issues and conduct investigations as may be directed/warranted and report any results to the Board of Governors.
- Along with all members of the Board of Governors, assist in the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of new and/or improved services for VATSIM members.
- Attend all scheduled Board of Governors voice meetings and participate in group debate and voting for motions.
For further informationm please visit the VATSIM Forums.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 18 February 2015 at 23:59z.