VATSIM seeks Vice President, Pilot Training (VATGOV14)
VATSIM is an international online flight simulation network with well over 70,000 active members. An exciting vacancy on our Board of Governors is now open for applications. If you're a well-established VATSIM member who has a real passion for the network and both the ideas and skill to deliver a modern pilot training programme for the network, we want to hear from you!
- VATSIM Founders Team
- VATSIM BoG Team
- Develops, monitors, implements and maintains focus on pilot training programs within VATSIM
- Assists Regions and/or Divisions and their training directors as appropriate and/or required on matters relating to pilot training
- Assesses and approves Authorized Training Organisations (ATOs) to conduct pilot training and issue pilot ratings
- Maintains the Pilot Training policy and procedures
- Actively identifies new opportunities to enhance the pilot training programme and increase the efficiency of ATOs, including identifying and supporting new ATOs to ensure worldwide coverage
- Develop a minimum pilot knowledge standard for new VATSIM pilots
- Develop a curriculum, media, and written knowledge check for new pilots to easily have the resources they need to get started on the network.
Board of Governor Duties:
- Attend Board of Governors meetings as outlined in Article §2.07 of the VATSIM Code of Regulations
- Maintain a regular monthly online presence and be willing to answer questions from members if connected with staff callsign
- Assist with duties as a VATSIM Supervisor when logged into the network with a rating of Administrator
- Enforce the policies of VATSIM both on and off the network
- Interact with other members of the Board of Governors, the VATSIM Executive Committee and/or individual Regional Directors as needed to accomplish their individual and collective duties
- Actively contribute to the development of VATSIM policy, procedures and plans
Position Holder Attributes:
- Be a member of good standing in VATSIM for more than two years at the time of application
- Demonstrated ability to make and keep commitments
- Expectation of availability to attend all scheduled meetings for the duration of the meeting and engage daily in email and voice communications with other BoG members in furtherance of VATSIM policy and procedures and effectively engage with staff, members, and the professional media in problem-solving and relationship building
- Have excellent knowledge of the VATSIM Code of Conduct, Code of Regulations and User Agreement
- Have excellent experience as a pilot in the virtual environment. A pilot license is recommended
- Have proven ability in the management of a small group of people
- Have a proven ability to train/educate
- Be able to work effectively and build relationships within a volunteer organization
- Have proven ability with the use of Flight Simulation software and VATSIM Pilot Client Software
- Able to leverage the strength of the organization to solve problems and find resources to apply to issues globally
Please send your CV (which may include real-world elements but must also address your history with VATSIM including any staff positions) and covering letter (which demonstrates how and why you are the best candidate for this role, no longer than 2 sides) to [email protected] by 2359z on Friday 14th September 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
We look forward to hearing from you!