VATSIM seeks Vice President, Membership (VATGOV12)
VATSIM is an international online flight simulation network with well over 70,000 active members. An exciting vacancy on our Board of Governors is now open for applications. If you're a well-established VATSIM member who has a real passion for the network and the drive to support and work with other departments in VATSIM to grow our membership, we want to hear from you!
The Vice President, Membership accepts and processes individual requests for Membership to VATSIM.net through the use of manual and/or automated systems of records. Accepts and processes changes to membership status. Maintains the VATSIM.net membership database to ensure the validity of all accounts. Responds to inquiries on membership status. Conducts analysis of membership as directed/warranted and reports to the Board of Governors any results.
- VATSIM Founders Team
- VATSIM BoG Team
- Accepts and processes individual requests for membership to VATSIM.net through the use of manual and/or automated systems of records
- Accepts and processes changes to membership status
- Maintains the VATSIM.net membership database to ensure the validity of all accounts
- Responds to enquiries on membership status
- Conducts analysis of membership as directed/warranted and reports to the Board of Governors any results
- Approves staff members for access to the membership database and assigns appropriate access level based on position requirements
- Reports breaches of use of the membership database to the relevant member of the Board of Governors
- Manage the VATSIM Membership Ticket system
Board of Governor Duties:
- Attend Board of Governors meetings as outlined in Article §2.07 of the VATSIM Code of Regulations
- Maintain a regular monthly online presence and be willing to answer questions from members if connected with staff callsign
- Assist with duties as a VATSIM Supervisor when logged into the network with a rating of Administrator
- Enforce the policies of VATSIM both on and off the network
- Interact with other members of the Board of Governors, the VATSIM Executive Committee and/or individual Regional Directors as needed to accomplish their individual and collective duties
- Actively contribute to the development of VATSIM policy, procedures and plans
Position Holder Attributes:
- Be a member of good standing in VATSIM for more than two years at the time of application
- Demonstrated ability to make and keep commitments
- Expectation of availability to attend all scheduled meetings for the duration of the meeting and engage daily in email and voice communications with other BoG members in furtherance of VATSIM policy and procedures and effectively engage with staff, members, and the professional media in problem-solving and relationship building
- Have excellent knowledge of the VATSIM Code of Conduct, Code of Regulations and User Agreement
- Has excellent understanding of VATSIM membership systems and processes
- Have proven ability in the management of a small group of people
- Be able to work effectively and build relationships within a volunteer organization
- Have proven ability with the use of Flight Simulation software and VATSIM Pilot Client Software
- Able to leverage the strength of the organization to solve problems and find resources to apply to issues globally
Please send your CV (which may include real-world elements but must also address your history with VATSIM including any staff positions) and covering letter (which demonstrates how and why you are the best candidate for this role, no longer than 2 sides) to [email protected] by 2359z on Sunday December 30, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
We look forward to hearing from you!