VATSIM seeks Vice President, Marketing and Communications (VATGOV10)
VATSIM is an international online flight simulation network with well over 70,000 active members. An exciting vacancy on our Board of Governors is now open for applications. If you're a well-established VATSIM member who has a real passion for the network and both the ideas and skill to deliver great marketing, both internal and external, for the network, we want to hear from you!
- VATSIM Founders Team
- VATSIM BoG Team
- Responsible for identification, research and execution of marketing strategies, including advertising promotions, along with development of global contacts for the benefit of VATSIM members
- Undertakes public relations duties on behalf of VATSIM by providing communications and news releases to media and various flight simulation related entities
- Promoting VATSIM and informing members of various VATSIM activities through the VATSIM.net website, VATSIM.net official forums and official VATSIM Social Media accounts
- Develops, directs and uses communications and social media strategy to channel information to members and the flight simulation community
- Develop and make available VATSIM branded and approved materials and procedures for VATSIM members attending and setting up booths at public facing events such as aviation themed conventions and airshows
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified staff volunteers to assist and ensure seamless delivery of all services required of this office in a timely manner and to help build future leaders for VATSIM
Board of Governor Duties:
- Attend Board of Governors meetings as outlined in Article §2.07 of the VATSIM Code of Regulations
- Maintain a regular monthly online presence and be willing to answer questions from members if connected with staff callsign
- Assist with duties as a VATSIM Supervisor when logged into the network with a rating of Administrator. Enforce the policies of VATSIM both on and off the network.
- Interact with other members of the Board of Governors, the VATSIM Executive Committee and/or individual Regional Directors as needed to accomplish their individual and collective duties
- Actively contribute to the development of VATSIM policy, procedures and plans
Position Holder Attributes:
- Be a member of good standing in VATSIM for more than two years at the time of application
- Demonstrated ability to make and keep commitments
- Expectation of availability to attend all scheduled meetings for the duration of the meeting and engage daily in email and voice communications with other BoG members in furtherance of VATSIM policy and procedures and effectively engage with staff, members, and the professional media in problem-solving and relationship building
- Have good knowledge of the VATSIM Code of Conduct and Code of Regulations
- Have proven ability in the management of a small group of people
- Experience in internet, social media, and print/radio/video production processes
- Be able to work effectively and build relationships within a volunteer organisation
- Have proven ability with the use of Flight Simulation software and VATSIM Pilot Client Software
- Demonstrated skills in communications and marketing tools mainly but not exclusively within an internet community
Please send your CV (which may include real-world elements but must also address your history with VATSIM including any staff positions) and covering letter (which demonstrates how and why you are the best candidate for this role, no longer than 2 sides) to [email protected] by 2359z on Thursday 22nd February 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
We look forward to hearing from you!