Applications are now being accepted for the position of General Manager, VATSIM Social Media
The VATSIM Marketing & Communications portfolio is comprised of three important tiers. Social Media, Network Outreach, and Member Engagement. VATSIM is looking for a strong leader to help shape and implement VATSIM’s social media strategies.
REPORTS TO: VATSIM Vice President - Marketing & Communications (VATGOV10)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Management of the the VATSIM Social Media portfolio, including but not limited to the following duties:.
- Drafting and implementing strategies for increased exposure for VATSIM on social media.
- Hiring and managing a team to create and post content on VATSIM’s social media platforms.
- Helping to create and post content on VATSIM’s social media platforms.
- Assist VATSIM Regions, Divisions, and Local Facilities with general social media questions.
- Work with the general managers of Network Outreach and Member Engagement to strengthen VATSIM’s overall marketing and communications..
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: The successful applicant will meet the following minimum standards:
-A familiarity with administering Facebook Pages, Groups, and Twitter Feeds.
- Must be in very good standing within the VATSIM Network with no significant disciplinary violations within the past 2 years.
-Demonstrated past experience in staff rolls, or other managerial experience.
-A commitment to maintain a strong online presence throughout their appointment, in addition to a minimum of 3 hours per week working specifically in this role.
-The ability to communicate clearly and professionally through various mediums to people of different experience levels and cultures.
-Fluent in the English language.
Applications will be accepted until 2359Z on 05 May 2018. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered. All applications shall be e-mailed to m.bartels[at]vatsim.net.