POSITION OPENING: General Manager, VATSIM Network Outreach
Applications are now being accepted for the position of General Manager, VATSIM Network Outreach
The VATSIM Marketing & Communications portfolio is comprised of three important tiers. Social Media, Network Outreach, and Member Engagement. VATSIM is looking for a strong leader to help market VATSIM to the general public and encourage potential members to join.
REPORTS TO: VATSIM Vice President - Marketing & Communications (VATGOV10)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Management of the the VATSIM Network Outreach tier, including but not limited to the following duties:.
- Drafting and implementing strategies to entice new members to join VATSIM.
- Coordinate VATSIM’s global strategy for participating at flight simulator conventions and other shows.
- Tailor above strategy to fit with local VATSIM membership that will be representing the network at such shows.
- Work with various flight simulator and other show management to allow VATSIM to participate
- Create press releases and other traditional media to submit to various flight simulator and other news sites to raise public awareness of VATSIM.
- Work with the general managers of Member Engagement and Social Media to strengthen VATSIM’s overall marketing and communications..
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: The successful applicant will meet the following minimum standards:
- Must be in good standing within the VATSIM Network with no significant disciplinary violations within the past 2 years.
-Demonstrated past experience in staff rolls, or other managerial experience.
- Former experience working with trade shows is a plus.
-A commitment to maintain a strong online presence throughout their appointment, in addition to a minimum of 1-5 hours per week working specifically in this role, depending on workload.
-The ability to communicate clearly and professionally through various mediums to people of different experience levels and cultures.
-Fluent in the English language.
Applications will be accepted until 2359Z on 05 May 2018. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered. All applications shall be e-mailed to m.bartels[at]vatsim.net.