The VATSIM Membership Department is seeking applications for the position of VATSIM Membership Manager.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Providing one on one assistance to VATSIM members in membership related matters through the VATSIM Membership Department Help Desk ticket system
• Any other tasks assigned by the VATSIM Vice President of Membership and his designee(s)
• Be at least 21 years of age at the time of application
• Be a member of the VATSIM network for no less than 24 months at the time of application
• Have a clean VATSIM record for no less than 12 months at the time of application
• Hold a VATSIM pilot rating of P1 or higher
• Have thorough knowledge of VATSIM policies, especially the VATSIM Code of Conduct, the VATSIM Code of Regulations and the VATSIM Data Protection & Handling Policy
• Have a basic understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• Have highly proficient English oral and written communication skills
• Be able to dedicate an average of 30 minutes per day to this position
The ideal candidate should:
• Hold a VATSIM ATC rating of Controller (C1) or higher
• Have experience as a VATSIM Supervisor or in a VATSIM Division or Region staff position
• Have proficient written communication skills in one or more languages apart from English
Applications are to be sent via e-mail to Michael Mund-Hoym, Assistant to the VATSIM Vice President of Membership, at [email protected], with a copy to Don Desfosse, VATSIM Vice President of Membership, at [email protected], by no later than 17 November 2019.
As part of their application applicants are asked to provide a VATSIM related C.V., a brief resume describing their interest in VATSIM Membership Department work and what may set them apart from other applicants, as well as a letter of recommendation from a Division level or higher VATSIM staff member. Incomplete or delayed applications cannot be considered.
After an initial scanning of the applications, suitable candidates will be contacted for a comprehensive interview.
Thank you for your interest!