1 Position Title
2 Position Summary
As part of the VATSIM technical development team (and thus the VATSIM staff team), a developer will work closely with VATGOV5, his/her delegates and external VATSIM developers on various projects that aim to improve the functionality of the network and enjoyment for all users. A developer will also be expected to work independently on projects that have been delegated to his/her self or their own projects and ideas.
3 Skills and Values Required
- Skill: C++ experience;
- Skill: Multi-platform development experience;
- Skill: Voice Library/Audio Codec experience;
- Skill: The ability to work both in a team, and independently;
- Skill: Networking experience;
- Value: Near enough is never good enough;
- Value: Always striving to make something better, even if it isn’t broken;
- Value: A passion for VATSIM and it’s future.
- Experience: Be in good standing with VATSIM.
4 Duties and Responsibilities
4.1 Reports to
- VP Technical Development (VATGOV5)
- Project Leader (as delegated by VATGOV5)
4.2 Confidentiality and privileges
As a member of the technical staff team, you will be required to respect and uphold the VATSIM confidentiality agreement.
4.3 Expected commitment
You will be expected to contribute a minimum of 1-5 hours per week. During periods of high team workload, you may be expected to contribute more to ensure deadlines are met.
Applications will be accepted indefinitely. All applications shall be e-mailed to vpdev[at]vatsim.net.