For this weekend's challenge event we are going to do a flight between Wellington and Queenstown, both airports can be challenging for different reasons! Fly an RNAV approach into Queenstown between the mountains and then land with a crosswind in windy Wellington.
To have your flight booking appear on the VATNZ Homepage to let others know you plan to fly, remember to book your flight in Vroute.
Events Mailing List
This mailing list is used to announce upcoming online events in the VATNZ calendar. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Subscribe to this list at: vatnz-events
Note to pilots landing at Queenstown
- eg If assigned the RNAV (GNSS) G approach and you want to do the RNAV (RNP) Y approach, just advise the controller.
- Be familiar with your escape route ie missed approach procedure.
- Make sure you fully understand the approach ie waypoints, heights, speeds, circling if applicable, holding pattern.
- Do not fly a plane larger than an A320.
- Practice the approach when nobody is about.
Note to pilots - Departures
- If you don't have the SID on your FMC please tell the controller.
- If you are not RNAV capable please advise the controller.
- The controller will assign you a suitable departure.
For more information, including airport charts and position details, check out the event page.