We would like to invite you to the most popular resort city in Russia - Sochi.
Sochi is located on the Black Sea coast and is the part of the Caucasian Riviera, it is one of the very few places in Russia with a subtropical climate, with warm to hot summers and mild winters. With the alpine and Nordic events held at the nearby ski resort of Rosa Khutor in Krasnaya Polyana, Sochi hosted the XXII Olympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games in 2014, as well as the Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix from 2014 until at least 2020.
Event will take place on 13th of October, from 14 to 18 UTC.
And some words about flight rules, something about short "NOTAM"
1. The main feature of the airport of Sochi is the mountainous terrain around. Because of this, landings are always made from the sea (on runways 02 and 06), and takeoffs towards the sea (from runways 20 and 24).
2. RNAV STARs are in use. They are called 3A and 4A.
3. After departure expect radar vectors.
4. For departure from runway 24 use taxiways K, L, S; from runway 20 - taxiway N. If it is not possible to depart from these taxiways, please report ATC.
5. Please note that most models of well-known manufacturers (Aerosoft, PMDG, FSLabs, etc.) in the navigation database do not have all ILS approaches on RWYs 02 and 06 (But in sceneries and in real life they are. Frequences you can find in charts. ILS Z is standard) Alternative to the standard ILS approach can be the RNAV GNSS approach. Select it in the MCDU and you will have the same STARs, and, most importantly, initial approach fixes (IAF).
5a. For correct approach procedures, you must enter into your FMC the initial approach fix (IAF). There will be a choice of three points (KOGUL, GOKIN, PITOP). In case if there are more than one options from one point (KOGU1, KOGU2, KOGU3), choose a larger number from them - KOGU3.
5b. Initially, your arrival route to Sochi should look like this:
For runway 02: KOGUL -> SS026 -> GOKIN -> SS024 -> SS023 -> SS022
GOKIN -> SS024 -> SS023 -> SS022
PITOP -> SS022
For runway 06: KOGUL -> SS064 -> SS063 -> SS062
GOKIN -> SS067 -> SS063 -> SS062
PITOP -> TABAN -> SS068 -> SS067 -> SS063 -> SS062
This problem is solving with manufacturers of navigation databases for the simulator.
See you in the sky over Southern Russia!