We invite you to participate in our "Shuttle to Santiago" event, organized by the Virtual ACC of Chile (VATSIM) on Tuesday Feb 18 from 2200 UTC, with the aim of making an air bridge to and from the Comodoro International Airport Arturo Merino Benítez (SCEL) located in Santiago, Chile. The geography surrounding the Santiago valley is characteristic for the large number of mountains that surround it next to the imposing Andes mountain range, which makes this destination entertaining to operate.
We also indicate some suggested routes to fly in this event with their specific flight times
• Santiago (SCEL) – La Serena (SCSE) 00:50 min.
Route: DONTI3B DONTI UQ802 KUGAP
• La Serena (SCSE) – Santiago (SCEL) 00:50 min
Route: TOY1 TOY UV208 SIMOK SIMOK4B
• Santiago (SCEL) – Concepción (SCIE) 00:55 min
Route: GELUS3B GELUS UQ809 ARUNI ARUNI4C
• Concepción (SCIE) – Santiago (SCEL) 00:55 min
Route: LODOS1N LODOS UQ808 EROLO EROLO5A
• Santiago (SCEL) – Mendoza, Argentina (SAME)
Route: ALBAL4C ALBAL DCT ESITO ESITO1Q
• Mendoza, Argentina (SAME) – Santiago (SCEL)
Route: UMKAL1C UMKAL UMKAL4C
• Santiago (SCEL) – Córdoba, Argentina (SACO)
Route: ALBAL4C ALBAL UT652 ESITO UL531 VURAK DCT CBA
• Córdoba, Argentina (SACO) – Santiago (SCEL)
Route: IRAVO1 ALDEX UZ105 UMKAL UMKAL4C
• Santiago (SCEL) – Buenos Aires, Argentina (SAEZ)
Route: ALBAL4C ALBAL UM424 ASADA ASADA6A
• Buenos Aires, Argentina (SAEZ) – Santiago (SCEL)
Route: TORUL1 URINO UA306 UMKAL UMKAL4C
Update charts of Chile: https://accvirtual.cl/home/ifrCharts
As additional operational aspects, the main alternative airports in Santiago, are the Concepción "Carriel Sur" airport (SCIE) located 231 nautical miles south of Santiago, and the Mendoza airport "El Plumerillo" (SAME), located in Argentina, crossing the Andes Mountains.
As additional features we ask you to have the updated SCEL scenary that includes track 17R / 35L, since the default scenario does not include it.
https://latinvfr.com/products/latinvfr- ... -for-p3dv4
We cordially invite you to participate in this event!